* RssReader is a program to read RSS and Atom news feeds.
* RssReader collect news in the background at user configurable intervals and warn with a little popup in the system tray that there is a new message arrived.
* You can click the news headline to see a short description of the news and click or open the original news web page in an RssReader browser or default browser window.
* RSS (Really Simple Syndication) is a format for syndicating news.
* Many news and web log sites support RSS by adding these pictograms as or to their web pages.
* RssReader support RSS versions 0.9x, 1.0 and 2.0 and Atom 0.1, 0.2 and 0.3. Running under Windows 98/NT/Me/2000/XP/2003.
Software Type: Freeware
Size: 1.41 MB (.zip)
First time installation instructions:
* If you have never run RssReader before, not running Windows 2003 or the latest Windows XP version and never installed the free Microsoft .NET framework (What is Microsoft .NET framework?) you first need to download and install it.
The easiest way is to run Windows update or otherwise visit Microsoft How to Get the .NET Framework 1.1.
* Download RssReader 22.214.171.124 as: rssreader.zip or as rssreader.exe
* Install RssReader (if you have installed RssReader before see Step 1 of the upgrade instructions).
* If you downloaded the .zip version then unzip the file (using for example WinZip) and run setup.exe
* If you downloaded the .exe version run that one.
* Look for this or RSS feed pictograms in news pages of websites, for example Yahoo! news or BBC news.
* Place the mouse arrow on one of the above pictograms (in the website you found) and click the right mouse button, then choose "Copy Shortcut".
* Start RssReader and go to add(+) channel/feed and then paste (click right mouse button) the url and press ok.
* Add as many feeds to this free RSS reader as you want and use it as free news aggregator. Free Dutch News feed: http://rss.fok.nl/feeds/nieuws
RSS Feed of my site is http://feeds.feedburner.com/InfoMinds
Technorati Tags: Software